Thursday, December 31, 2009

An Ending, and a Beginning

I can't believe it's New Year's Eve, 2009, as I sit here and type this. In no way was this past year anything like we expected. We certainly can't complain about the outcome, but all in all, we've lived a lifetime of stress, anxiety, worry and fear in the last ten months. Tonight, we will celebrate the end of this era with relief that all is well, and look forward to a more normal life (we hope) in 2010. We quietly marked the passing of Andrea's 10 month birthday on December 26. In all the celebrating, I never got a chance to post on the day. On December 25, we amazingly celebrated her first Christmas. Santa and her family were very generous.

I haven't posted much in December, because we have been blessed with a relatively normal month. Andrea had her 9-month check up at the beginning of the month, and has been getting her required vaccines slowly ever since. As I posted earlier in the month, she's been eating cereal every day, and we're going to start adding vegetables next week. Since there's nothing much to report, I decided to end the year on a December photo shoot. I'm showcasing a bunch of pictures of Andrea from the past month, along with some quotes. If you've been a blog follower, you know I love my quotes!

I return to work on January 4, nearly a full year after I ran out in a panic because of the pregnancy complications. I will continue to post as events warrant, and I hope people will continue to follow Andrea's story. Comments to the blog, and emails to me (tori.zimmerman@gmail.com) are always appreciated.



“In all things it is better to hope than to despair”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe





“Dum spiro, spero (Latin), "While I breath, I hope"”
Philemon, Latin Proverb




“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
Dale Carnegie




“What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”
Vincent van Gogh




“He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.”
Proverb




“Hope is the pillar that holds up the world"




“Hope is knowing that people, like kites, are made to be lifted up”




“Hope arouses, as nothing else can arouse, a passion for the possible.”
William Sloan Coffin




“Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.”
Anne Lamott




“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end”
Abraham Lincoln




"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
Tommy Lasorda




“I count myself in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
- William Shakespeare




"You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can."
Jimmy Carter


Happy New Year to all.... with all our love!

4 comments:

  1. A Very, Very Happy New Year to All!

    Thank you for caring and sharing this past year, highs and lows, come rain or shine...

    God Bless You All x

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all continued health and happiness together in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I am now all caught up. I feel bad that I didn't even know that you were pregnant and then had a baby! (But given the circumstances and our distance apart, I totally understand!)

    All my love and prayers!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable pictures. She's God's little angel!

    ReplyDelete